MEET THE AFRICAN AMERICAN ARTS ALLIANCE'S
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Jackie Taylor: President
Runako Jahi: Vice President
Wendell Etherly: Treasurer
Chuck Smith: Resident Director at the Goodman Theater
Cheryl Lynn Bruce: Actress/Director
Dr. Nicole Pinkard: Educator
Joan Gray: Consultant to the African American Arts Alliance
Here's what you will see in the first issue of the Alliance's Newsletter:
- List of Alliance's Board of Directors
- An interesting piece on the Black Arts Movement
- List of the Black Excellence Committee members
- List of foundations that support the arts.
About the African American Arts Alliance
- The Mission: The Alliance's mission is to increase public awareness, interaction, communication and development of African American arts organizations and individual artists of all genres and styles are respected
The Alliance's History: In 1977, a group of Chicago's leading African American artists and arts organizations came together and formed a new organization incorporated as the African American Arts Alliance of Chicago. The Alliance embraced the history of the original 1977 Chicago Black Theater Alliance while expanding their scope to include diverse groups of artistic mediums which included theaters, dance, music, literature, film, visual arts, organizations, and individual artists.
Not a member? Consider joining now!